Here are some of the presentations we are about to give, or have already given a to promote electric vehicles, or where our participants and collaborators have presented Flip the Fleet data on the team’s behalf:
27. Flipping the fleet: accelerating electric vehicle uptake using citizen science”. Dima Ivanov and Henrik Moller. Café Scientifique, Auckland, 17 October 2018. TBC.
26. Flipping the fleet: accelerating electric vehicle uptake using citizen science”. Henrik Moller and Monica Peters. Café Scientifique, Tauranga, 15 October 2018.
25. “Predicting electric vehicle battery longevity: measurement and model uncertainty in a citizen science project”. Walter Larason, Donald Love, Kevin Ruscoe, Daniel Myall, Mark Nixon, Dima Ivanov and Henrik Moller. Callaghan Innovation seminar, Lower Hutt, 27 July 2018.
24. “Electric vehicle battery life: market, service, and research priorities for securing EV uptake in New Zealand”. Donald Love and Henrik Moller. Café Scientifique, Lower Hutt, 26 July 2018.
23. “Beyond the ICE age – Citizen Science, electric vehicles and driving into the future”. Henrik Moller. International Science Festival, public talk, Dunedin Public Library, 8 July 2018.
22. “Citizen science for sustainability transitions: lessons from Flip the Fleet’s efforts to accelerate uptake of electric vehicles”, Otago Energy Research Centre seminar, Centre for Sustainability, University of Otago, 7 June 2018. [This seminar will be followed by a research workshop to explore how Flip the Fleet data could be used in other formal research projects to hasten uptake of sustainable transport].
21. “Electric vehicles: clean and green computers on wheels?” Henrik Moller. Tech Week, public talk, 23 May 2018. Otago Museum, Dunedin.
20. “Driving electric: a family contribution to combating climate change”. Henrik Moller [presentation and forum discussion after]. Voices for the earth … Let’s talk about climate change – A Dunedin & Christchurch church public forum, Opoho, 29 April 2018.
19. “Accelerated battery capacity loss in 30 kWh variants of the Nissan Leaf”. Daniel Myall, Mark Nixon, Walter Larason, Dima Ivanov, Joe Barnett, Henrik Moller and Donald Love. Green Grid Conference, University of Canterbury, 13 April 2018.
18. “Electric vehicle battery life: market, service, and research priorities for securing EV uptake in New Zealand”. Daniel Myall, Walter Larason, Mark Nixon, Dima Ivanov, Joe Barnett, Donald Love and Henrik Moller. Christchurch EV Owners Group, Christchurch, 11 April 2011.
17. “Emerging trends and issues in citizen science – a panel discussion”. Bobby Cerini, Julia Lorke, Alan Irwin, Friederike Hendrike & Craig Grant. Public Communication of Science & Technology conference, University of Otago, 6 April 2018.
16. “When curious citizens lead science – the paradigm shift arising from participatory science”. Victoria Metcalf, Kristiann Allen, Craig Grant, Josh Richardson, Sarah Morgan. Public Communication of Science & Technology conference, University of Otago, 6 April 2018.
15. “Electric vehicle battery life: market, service, and research priorities for securing EV uptake in New Zealand”. Daniel Myall, Donald Love, Walter Larason, Mark Nixon, Dima Ivanov, Joe Barnett and Henrik Moller. Regional EV Working Group (Wellington and Palmerston North), Wellington, 6 April 2018.
14. Solar panels and electric cars. Morgan Knoesen. Sustainable Homes workshop, Mitre 10, Queenstown, January 2018.
13. “Why electric vehicles are good for people, their purses and the planet: early results from Flip the Fleet’s statistician”. Daniel Myall. 4th annual Electric Wheels Festival, A&P Showgrounds Christchurch, December 2, 2017. http://evolocity.co.nz/electricwheels/
12. “Quantifying the financial and environmental benefits of electric vehicles in New Zealand: early results from Flip the Fleet”. D. Myall, J. Dew, H. Moller & D. Ivanov. 2017 OERC Symposium, Otago Museum, Dunedin, 23 November 2017. http://www.otago.ac.nz/oerc/symposia/
11. “Your Electric Future: flipping your fleet for your purse, people and the planet?”. H Moller & D. Ivanov. LeasePlan Fleet Forum, Auckland, 7 November 2017.
10. “Flip the fleet: a regional collaboration to accelerate EV uptake in Otago” Public Forum, Drive Electric Week, Dunedin Public Library, 14 October 2017.
9. “Flip the Fleet: a citizen science project to accelerate electric vehicle uptake in New Zealand”. H Moller & D. Ivanov. Wanaka Public Meeting, Wednesday 12 July 2017
8. “Flip the Fleet: a citizen science project to accelerate electric vehicle uptake in New Zealand”. H Moller & D. Ivanov. Christchurch EV Owners’ Group, Wednesday 12 July 2017
7. “Accelerating uptake of electric vehicles in Aotearoa New Zealand”. H. Moller. Climate Declaration Forum, University of Otago, Dunedin, Tuesday 18 June 2017
6. “Accelerating electric vehicle uptake in Otago”. Moller. Energy Leaders Forum, Dunedin, 15 June 2017.
5. “Citizen Science for Accelerating Electric Vehicle Uptake – by EV owners, for future EV owners” Moller. Hampden, public meeting to pen Rapid Charger and launch Hamden’s community EV, 11 June 2017.
4. “Encouraging Otago businesses to switch to electric vehicles: a potential collaboration between Chamber of Commerce, the Energy Committee and the Flip the Fleet project?” Moller. Otago Chamber of Commerce Energy Committee, Dunedin, Tuesday 23 May 2017
3. “Flip the Fleet in Otago: a community collaboration to accelerate uptake of Low Emission Vehicles in our region” Dew, J, Moller, H., Ivanov, D. Centre for Sustainability, University of Otago, Wednesday 10 May 2017
2. “A citizen science approach to accelerating uptake of low emission vehicles in New Zealand”. H Moller, D. Ivanov, P. McKinlay, A. Wilden. Otago Energy Research Centre Colloquium, 10 November 2016, Otago Museum.
1. “Flip the Fleet: an invitation to Otago EV owners to share data”. Public Forum on electric vehicles, Otago Polytechnic, 19 October, 2016.