So you’d like to find out whether your Leaf has any stored DTCs, and if yes, what those are? Assuming you have LeafSpy Pro and an appropriate OBD2 dongle, you can find these two bits of information out with ease (click here for info on how to use LeafSpy with your Leaf).
Please follow these 9 steps:
1. Open LeafSpy Pro and connect to your Leaf (it’s important you have the PRO version of LeafSpy for this)
2. Click on the “burger” sign up the top right corner to open the MENU:
3. Once the menu appears on the bottom, click the “gear” to go into SETTINGS:
4. Inside SETTINGS, scroll down until you find the section called SERVICE SCREEN. Click the slider to ENABLE:
5. Click DONE up the top right:
6. You’ll notice a fifth circle on the bottom left of your home screen – swipe or tap to land on this fifth “SERVICE SCREEN”:
7. Click the grey “Read DTCs” button:
8. Click the green “Read DTCs” button to refresh this screen (nothing may change, but you must still press this button to clear any previous memory of the device you’re using LeafSpy on):
9. You’re done! 🙂 Use the notes on the below screenshot to identity any DTCs that are in your Leaf’s memory (red box highlights two examples), and, what systems appear to be OK (green box “Meter” seems all OK as it has an “Ok None —>” in front of it).