Thinking of buying an EV? Or perhaps you already have one and want technical support? … here are some sources of useful info:
NZ Electric Vehicle Guide provides the most up-to-date, comprehensive and authoritative summary of types of EVs, range, costs, charging needs, support groups, and events. You can download the latest guide from: www.electricheaven.nz
If you use Facebook and want to have answers to your technical questions, join the NZ EV Owners group at: www.facebook.com/groups/NZEVOwners
There are several local EV Owners groups that use Facebook, run local meetings and are often available to give you test drives:
- Northland: www.facebook.com/groups/1472323112818001 and www.facebook.com/revupnz
- Auckland: www.facebook.com/groups/291373964545996
- Nelson: www.facebook.com/groups/365895557107117
- Wellington: www.facebook.com/groups/WellyEV
- Christchurch: www.facebook.com/groups/ChristchurchEVGroup
- Dunedin: www.facebook.com/groups/403816650002889
There is a national EV support website called Rev-up NZ at www.revup.net.nz It covers Frequently Asked Questions, resources and links to support groups throughout NZ.
Charging Stations in your area are listed on www.plugshare.com
Vector Charging stations are listed separately at: www.vector.co.nz/personal/ev-charging
The Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority (EECA) www.eeca.govt.nz has a lot of reports on the economic, social and environmental benefits of electric vehicles.
A cost of ownership comparison of EV versus equivalent models can be found online at www.eecabusiness.govt.nz/tools/vehicle-total-cost-of-ownership-tool