We know, we know… but we have to… (sorry!!!)
Since we’ll be holding some of your personal data, we better keep the lawyers happy – please read the following carefully:
- Registration: By filling out and submitting the vehicle registration form via this website FlipTheFleet.org and providing any further related information to us (together “Registration and EV Information“), you grant us, the owners of this website (Ecosystems Consultants Limited), the right to collect, use and disclose your Registration and EV Information, including in our quest to accelerate the uptake of EVs in New Zealand.
- Information to be provided: Your Registration and EV Information includes all information that you supply in your Vehicle Registration Form, such as information about yourself, your contact details, and information about your car (such as model, costs, age and the way in which you use it). You warrant that your Registration and EV Information is correct, up-to-date and complete.
- How we use the information: We will only use your Registration and EV Information for the purposes of providing you and other users with the services offered by the Flip The Fleet website. This includes collating your Registration and EV Information with information provided by other users, analysing and evaluating the collated information, and licensing / providing the information to third parties as appropriate.
- Updating and storage of your information: Your Registration and EV Information will be collected and held by Ecosystems Consultants Limited. This information may also be held by PowerStats Limited, which carries out the data analysis on the use of your EV. You’ll be able to change or delete any of your Registration and EV Information at any time – just get in touch with us by email at email@example.com, by phone on 021 927 346 or by sending us correspondence to 30 Warden Street, Opoho, Dunedin.
- Disclosure of your information: Your Registration and EV Information may be disclosed by us to certain third parties for the purposes of operating the Flip The Fleet website, including PowerStats Limited, which carries out the data analysis on the use of your EV. The Registration and EV Information will not otherwise be disclosed and will always be kept confidential by us, unless you consent us to release it to other parties – or its release is required by law.
- Promotional materials and emails: By registering to use our website you consent to us, or our approved third parties, to send you promotional materials and emails about related products and services.
That should do it, but you should read the section below also!
“Will you make money from my data?”
The project is currently entirely sponsored by its founders, who are volunteering limited time and resource. We’re trying our best to do a great job! But – if we had some revenue coming in, that would allow us to improve this project, and dedicate more of our time to growing it and making it better for everyone.
Therefore, here is our broad policy around access and sharing data and (hopefully!) making some money along the way:
1 – We intend to keep FlipTheFleet free to use for individual vehicle owners, forever
2 – We intend to charge commercial fleet operators a reasonable license fee to use the additional fleet-management capability of FlipTheFleet
3 – We intend to receive some payment for supplying aggregated data to agencies that would normally expect to pay for such data
4 – We intend to share aggregated data with other people, projects and organisations – free of charge – where this data is used for public-good (but only if we are certain the third party is scientifically accurate in their interpretation of our data)